Re: floppies

Subject: Re: floppies
From: James Gibson (twistedhammer@subdimension.com)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 22:33:36 AKDT

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Adam Elkins wrote:
> I'm trying to put a 3mb file on more than one floppy, I have tried;
>
> dd if=file.tar of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k count=1 skip=0
>
> Increasing the skip count...When I try to install the package, I get
> disk errors....Is their an easier way of doin this or am I missing
> something silly?

I would just create the tar file on multiple floppies to begin with like
so:

tar -cvMf /dev/fd0 *file_glob*

the -M flag tells tar to use multiple volumes and will prompt you to
insert a new floppy after the first is full. Then make sure you use the -M
flag when extracting, and start with the first volume..

--James Gibson