custom kernel

Subject: custom kernel
From: damien hull (dhull@digitaloverload.net)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 07:39:58 AKDT

What I want...
I want my custom kernel to use the "vga =" option so I can set the
resolution of the consol. I like my console res at 800x600.

What I did...
1. Compiled kernel 2.4.18 with the options I thought would allow me to use
the "vga = " option.
2 Did not apply any patches.

Problem...
My new kernel boots but I can't use the "vga = " option. If that option is
used I get a blank screen. If the option is not used the kernel boots fine
and I can use my system.

Question...
How do I fix this problem? It could be something I'm doing but then again it
could be something with kernel 2.4.18.

Note...
The kernel that came with Slack 8.0 works with the "vga = " option.