Automount

Subject: Automount
From: aklug (aklug@arcadia.2y.net)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 03:49:34 AKDT

        I am trying to have my NTFS drives automounted at startup so that a non-root
user can access them. I used the 'auto.master' and 'auto.misc' files to set
up the maps, and it does work. However the folders are not visible in '/mnt/'
until I access them with the root account. If I try to access them with my
user account, I get permission denied.

So basically, how do I have a drive automounted during startup, available to
all users on the system. And possibly not have the folders be invisible at
first.

        Brian ThunderEagle
        furbs@arcadia.2y.net
        http://arcadia.2y.net