Re: Help with OpenOffice CD's

Subject: Re: Help with OpenOffice CD's
From: Michael Gillson (Michael_Gillson@chugachelectric.com)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 11:35:40 AKDT

Just put a file named autorun.inf in the root folder of the CD

autorun.inf can be created with a text editor.

[autorun]
open=autorun\Start.exe
icon=setup.exe, 0

The file structure is like a windows ini file. In the case above, open
is executing the start.exe program in the autorun folder on the CD
The icon is the first icon in the setup.exe in the root of the CD.
Autorun shows a splash screen. Your use might be something like

[autorun]
open=setup.exe
icon=setup.exe, 0

>>> Mike Barsalou <mbarsalou@aidea.org> 06/07/02 11:19AM >>>

Is anyone familiar with how to create a CD that uses autorun? I think
people would be way more impressed if you put in the CD and it
autostarted
the OpenOffice 1.0 CD install for Windows.

I supposed it would work for Linux as well.

If we can figure it out before we produce these CD's for the
presentation,
that would be great. If not, I still would like to try and figure
this
out.. Long term it is a good thing.

Thanks.

Mike