Re: A few questions

Subject: Re: A few questions
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 15:39:51 AKDT

On Mon, 2002-06-03 at 12:50, Peter Q. Olsson wrote:

> Hello all-
snip
> 2) a website with info specifically about dvd burning on linux,
> dvd writers, and DVD media.
>
> Further, anyone's thoughts/opinions regarding the above topics are appreciated.
>
> PQO

Here is a link to the authors web site for cdrecord-ProDVD. DVD
recording in Linux, afaik, at least GPL stuff, doesn't exist. ProDVD is
free for non-commercial use, I use it and it works fine. Follow the
links to the ESO VLT site for a look at a storage solution example. DVD
recording in Linux use the iso9660 fs, so you can create a DVD image
with tools available on all Linux boxes. I use the Pioneer A04 DVD
recorder, it is DVD-RW. There is a choice between DVD-RAm drives &
DVD-RW drives. RAM drives seem to be less compatible with other types of
DVD's.

http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html
http://archive.eso.org/articles/dvd-readers.html

        cdrecord-support@berlios.de