Re: MySQL PHP Front End/Editor

Subject: Re: MySQL PHP Front End/Editor
From: Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@woods.net)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 05:06:12 AKDT

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Grant Stockly wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good front end to MySQL for perl/php/whatever that I
> can use to edit/modify my databases over the net?
>
> I'd like something powerful. I don't care if its pretty.
>
> Its too bad that source forge is full of projects that have one member and
> never release anything. I haven't checked source forge yet, thought I'd
> ask here first.

mysql (client) !!!

With later MySQL versions not only encrypted auth, but SSL/TLS can be
used for the whole remote session. (For older versions, ssh tunnels)

Clients are available for all platforms that MySQL runs on...

You get full and total access to the server (with whatever limits your
DB account has), a compressed and encrypted link to the server, and
the ability to tweak data remotely (still in the tables, server local
dumps, temp tables, etc) or deliver it locally (dump result set via
the client to local file).

You said via the net, not the 'web', and nothing is more powerful an
interface than the raw CLI client.

--
I route, therefore you are.