Re: Smoothwall - Closing the source?

Subject: Re: Smoothwall - Closing the source?
From: Mac Mason (macmasta@ak.net)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 23:17:17 AKDT

I finally (I think) got ahold of some hardware to turn into a smoothie
box, but then I saw this:
http://www.smoothwall.org/community/lite/dang.20020424.01.html
and it looks to me like Smoothwall is trying to close as much of their
source as possible.
I am a performance junkie more than I am a Stallmanite, but, in my book,
open source /is/ security.
So I went and grabbed IPCop - everything I've seen of smoothwall (except
the closing) was good, so ipcop is how I'm going to go.

~Mac~