RE: urgent response is needed

Subject: RE: urgent response is needed
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 08:17:26 AKDT

On Wed, 29 May 2002, stephen king wrote:

> Confidentiality? Did he REALLY say that?
>
> Y'know what really bothers me most about stuff like this? People would stop
> sending this cr*p out if it stopped working. Just think...somewhere out
> there there's somebody stupid enough to send this guy money.

This really isn't spam--it's outright fraud. The scam is to get you to
send your bank account info, and he pulls out all your money. Because his
scam relies on people replying to his mail.com address, I've forwarded a
copy of this to their abuse address, as well as abuse@planet.nl.

Switching the list back to a closed posting policy which would eliminate
stuff like this, but that creates other headaches (lots of people like to
post from accounts which aren't subscribed to the list).

Mike