Re: GCI Cable Modem

Subject: Re: GCI Cable Modem
From: James Gibson (twistedhammer@subdimension.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 01:26:15 AKDT

On 22 May 2002, Greg Madden wrote:
> I also am testing a ACS dsl line, if I could
> figure out how to get ipcop/smoothwall to work with pppoe I might switch
> permanently.

I had smoothwall running with an MTA DSL line.. nothing to it. =)

IIRC, you have to set the outside nic to DHCP (or was it some PPPoE
specific option.. should be obvious anyways..) when doing the install, and
then have to set up the pppoe setting on the 'dial-up' page. you set the
device to pppoe on the drop-down list. set the pppoe settings toward the
bottom, and username/password. Should be goood to go. =)

James Gibson