Re: routing

Subject: Re: routing
From: Jim Courtney (courtney@ieee.org)
Date: Sat May 18 2002 - 22:25:49 AKDT

The last thing pppd does when the connection comes up is call
/etc/ppp/ip-up with the connection parameters as arguments. It should look
something like this, assuming you're only running one ppp connection:

/sbin/route add default gw $5

You might want to execute your firewall script after that too.

That's how I have my SuSE machine set up, using Roaring Penguin PPPoE.
Redhat might work differently, but I'll bet it's the same.

JC