Re: ssh hangs (UOTrace link included)

Subject: Re: ssh hangs (UOTrace link included)
From: James McMorris (buddha@gci.net)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 13:59:54 AKDT

>You could check the network using ping and traceroute, to see where
>packet loss is occuring. I don't remember that nice combo-
>ware that actually shows you visually where latency is (visual
traceroute?) but that may help out as well.

The tool I use on Windows is UOTrace. It was developed to get network
info from the Ultima Online servers when the game was released. Alas,
this tool became more popular than the game.

ftp://ftp.owo.com/pub/uo/uotrace/uotrace.exe

One really cool feature is that you can edit the list of servers to
your own specs, hit the "Ping All Games" button, and then hit
the "Poll" button which will continously go thru the list at a user
specified interval.

-Buddha