Laptop Sound Fixed

Subject: Laptop Sound Fixed
From: Kirk McFadden (captkirk1767@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 09:02:51 AKDT

Running Enigma on a Toshiba 7020CT laptop. Darn!No
sound! Sndconfig wouldn't fix it. Produced an error. I
was trying to get my ethernet card to start without
having to su in and do an insmod everytime I fired up.
I went to add a line in my etc/modules.conf file
(alias eth0 eepro100) which didn't work; when I
rebooted on the starting eth line it says "invalid
line #6 in etc/modules.conf file" Huh? I went back and
looked and noticed there was a single character, a "q"
on the last line (#6) of my etc/modules.conf file. I
got rid of that 'q' and lo and behold, not only does
my ethernet card start automatically but my sound
server works again! I don't know why that 'q' ended up
in that file. It could have been I tried once before
to edit that thing and since I am clueless I hit "q"
to quit not paying attention to the proper way to
shutoff pico. Once I finally got out of it I never
noticed adding a 'q'. Either that or some protection
script runs and adds the 'q' to protect the soundcard
or something like that which I don't know anything
about......captkrk