Re: IMP setup and Meeting on the 22nd

Subject: Re: IMP setup and Meeting on the 22nd
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 12:41:25 AKDT

> > On Thu, 9 May 2002, Tom wrote:
> > On the subject of Alphas, can someone explain why aboot wouldn't function?
> > The HD is sda1=/boot, sda2=swap, sda3=/ and no matter what, aboot says
> > it's config isn't found. The boot floppy I built during install works
> > fine... A pointer in the right direction would be handy.
>
> Do you know if the Debian installer started the first partition on
> cylinder 2? I would think it would, but maybe not...
>
> Mike

The Debian installer uses cfdisk, which can't do BSD labels, so it starts
fdisk and you manually do it. I'm thinking I goofed up the partitioning,
even though it does start on cylinder 2. Since this isn't actually doing
anything yet, I may start over with the Compaq Jumpstart CD and let it do
the partitioning for me...