Re: IMP setup and Meeting on the 22nd

Subject: Re: IMP setup and Meeting on the 22nd
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 15:43:18 AKDT

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Mike Barsalou wrote:
> I would like to install IMP on a completely foreign machine to see if we run
> into any problems. When the install is complete, you will have a working
> IMP installation.

Could you define "completely foreign"? I've got a DEC Server 3300 you
could use (400 Alpha, basic Debian testing), but I'm not going to be at
the meeting...

On the subject of Alphas, can someone explain why aboot wouldn't function?
The HD is sda1=/boot, sda2=swap, sda3=/ and no matter what, aboot says
it's config isn't found. The boot floppy I built during install works
fine... A pointer in the right direction would be handy.