Re: LinuxFocus - replacing your Win2000 server article

Subject: Re: LinuxFocus - replacing your Win2000 server article
From: James Zuelow (jamesz@ideafamilies.org)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 15:44:01 AKDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arthur Corliss" <arthur@corlissfamily.org>
To: "James Zuelow" <jamesz@ideafamilies.org>
Cc: "W.D.McKinney" <deem@wdm.com>; <aklug@aklug.org>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 2:32 PM

> PDC support for traditional NT Domains is working, but you can't
replicate to
> BDCs. There is not support for AD, but you could cobble some kind of
> authentication bridge since AD does support LDAP. . .

I have Samba functioning as an NT4 domain controller, and as a client
for NT4 (or Win2k mixed mode) domains which works great. I'm interested
in whether or not people are pushing the envelope as far as Win2k
network servers go. The few links I've seen about working LDAP into AD
imply a much deeper knowledge of AD than I have (an MCP only gets you so
far). :) I was just hoping that some of the list members who use Win2k
at home were also experimenting with Samba 3.0 code.

Cheers,

James