Re: LinuxFocus - replacing your Win2000 server article

Subject: Re: LinuxFocus - replacing your Win2000 server article
From: James Zuelow (jamesz@ideafamilies.org)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 12:05:23 AKDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "W.D.McKinney" <deem@wdm.com>
To: <aklug@aklug.org>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 11:49 AM

> Excellent article on replacing your Win2000 server here :-)
> See http://www.wdm.com/LDP/linuxfocus/English/May2002/article247.shtml

He mentions Active Directory, but doesn't cover it in his example.

Anyone on the list using Samba 3.0 (experimental) in a Windows 2000
Active Directory environment? I'd be interested in any experiences as a
client or as a member server - I think the domain controller role is
still not functional.

Unfortunately I don't have Win2k at home, and I don't think setting up
rogue domain controllers in a production environment at work would be
particularly career enhancing.

Cheers,

James