Need help with SED

Subject: Need help with SED
From: James McMorris (buddha@gci.net)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 12:43:00 AKDT

I'm new to bash scripting, so I a little help on getting going on a
script I'm trying to write. After reading the man pages for SED, I
can't figure out what command/switch for sed to use to insert text at a
specific line in a file. I don't want to change anything that's
already there, just add two lines of text at line 1422
of /etc/squid/squid.conf

I've already got the code for user input and an "if-then-else" setup
for execution.

Also, is SED the right tool for the job? Or would ED or AWK be better?
(Or even PERL, but I don't want to have to learn the basics of perl
right yet. No offense Arthur :)

-Jim "Buddha" McMorris