mySQL

Subject: mySQL
From: Brian ThunderEagle (furbs@arcadia.2y.net)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 22:38:25 AKDT

        I am looking to make a direct connection to a mySQL server, without using
ODBC through a windows DSN. I believe I can do this with PHP, but I want to
confirm before I research too much.
        Lets say I have mySQL installed, and I have a Database set up. Now I have
the internet, and I want to create a web page containing data from that
database. I have done this with MS-Access, ASP, and a DSN, but this is
different. So I need this web page to connect to mySQL(directly is my goal)
and retrieve all the data, and be able to take that data as it is accessed
and build a table of information.

I am also needing to build a program that will take data files, and import
them into the database on the local machine, which I believe I can do in
accordance with my "Core SQL" book. But if anyone has any pointers I would
like to hear them.

        Brian ThunderEagle (Web / Network Administrator)
        mailto:furbs@arcadia.2y.net
        http://arcadia.2y.net
        http://akfragfest.n3.net