Re: Meeting info...

Subject: Re: Meeting info...
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 13:38:52 AKDT

> After going to the meeting tonight I learned that mysql has indeed
> mysteriously died at least one other time recently on the AKLUG box.
> I've already apologized to Jim (Buddha) in person, but I wanted to follow
> that up with this message.

Let's get all the cards on the table:

  --I am indeed the (defacto) webmaster, though, as many of you
    have experienced, it's been primarily in maintenance mode for
    a while, rather than in active development. You can grouch
    at me for not freeing up the time.
  --All things considered, you're looking at the exact same site
    and infrastructure that's been in place for, what, four+ years?
    The amount of downtime we've had in that period has been damned
    good, quite frankly.

That said, yes, many of the packages are well overdue for an upgrade, and I
will look into that. Provided there's no incompatibilities with the software
revs and the version of glibc that's on the box, we should be able to get
updated.

Stand by, and things will improve shortly.

--

--Arthur Corliss Bolverk's Lair -- http://arthur.corlissfamily.org/ Digital Mages -- http://www.digitalmages.com/ "Live Free or Die, the Only Way to Live" -- NH State Motto