apt-get and RedHat

Subject: apt-get and RedHat
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 14:07:59 AKDT

OK. I heard you guys talking about how cool apt-get was and was
wondering....

Did someone mention that apt-get was ported to RedHat?

I also found a few other things.

up2date - This is a RedHat specific tool. I think you have to register (for
free?)

autorpm - I found this tool and I am playing with it now.

I downloaded the autorpm rpm from rpmfind.net and installed it. Then I just
typed in 'autorpm' at the command line and it seemed to work. It uses an
ncurses interface and requires the dialog rpm, but that was no big deal to
download as well.

I will keep you posted.

Mike