better way to set permissions on samba?

Subject: better way to set permissions on samba?
From: George A. Dowding (dowdingg@math.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 13:21:14 AKST

Take a look at "directory mask" setting in the smb.conf manpage
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html#DIRECTORYMASK

Also look at the "inherit permissions" setting
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html#INHERITPERMISSIONS

Something like this might work:
[share]
; Other paramaters

; This may work
; inherit permissions = yes

; Maximum permissions
        directory mode = 2777
; Minimum permissions
        force directory mode = 2655

; These are for files
        create mode = 2777
        force create mode = 2655

The man page links above explain how these setting interact with the
unix file system permissions.

--
Thanks,
George