re; No sound/Enigma/Thanx

Subject: re; No sound/Enigma/Thanx
From: Kirk McFadden (captkirk1767@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 18:48:28 AKST

Many thanx once again, aklug to the rescue. sndconfig
worked as root and I have sound. I got a 'fatal error;
cpu overload' but the KDE stuff makes noise like it's
supposed to. Thanx again.

Then I booted into dos and the unit made a loud
high-pitched screeing noise and then my screen went
black. Any suggestions? Quick help would be
appreciated because I need to email a date right away
for tonight. Thanx in advance, once again youse guys
are the greatest........captkrk ;>]