Re: WebPage design

Subject: Re: WebPage design
From: Chris Hamilton (chris@digitalalaska.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 11:50:08 AKST

Any help will be gladly appreciated. Mike has asked me to see what I can
set up to get this thing going. So... what we need... ideas, and lots
of 'em. We are looking to create a space on aklug.org were newbies can
go to get an overview of the basic commands that will let them copy,
check disk space, look at processes, etc. (I had a heck of a time this
weekend getting my system date and time to change - so I will be
contributing a how-to example for this).

There are actually a few pieces that need some work. What would be most
helpful immediately is some kind of content management system so that
individuals can contribute without writing html. I'm going to start work
on a system that we can use. Unfortunately I use Cold Fusion (not open
source), so if there is a php or perl wiz out there that would like to
participate, that would be most welcome. We'll need some people to
actually find information and document examples as well. If there are
some designer types out there that just love to play with page layout and
stuff, that would be good too.

There is a bit to do, but if we can break up some of the tasks into bite
size peices it should be ok. We don't want to overwork anyone.

Chris.