Re: FWD: Announcing CrossOver Office

Subject: Re: FWD: Announcing CrossOver Office
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 09:15:18 AKST

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 08:20, W.D. McKinney wrote:

> Announcing CrossOver Office, new Support system (Jeremy White, Wed Mar 27
> 04:58:09 2002)
>
> I am very excited to announce the next product in our
> CrossOver family of products - CrossOver Office.
>
> CrossOver Office will make it possible to install and use
> popular Windows applications as easily as CrossOver Plugin
> has made it to use Windows plugins, all without a Microsoft
> Windows Operating System license.
>
> Version 1.0 of CrossOver Office will support Microsoft Office 97,
> Microsoft Office 2000, and Lotus Notes. We hope to rapidly
> expand our support throughout the year.

Oh boy, wine hits a 1.0 release, can't wait for support for WP Office.
Corel never got it quite right, hopefully codeweavers can-do.

I wonder if it was just rumor but I heard that MS was going to change
their license for their apps to prohibit running on a non MS OS.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.