RE: Iomega Peerless (Don't do it!)

Subject: RE: Iomega Peerless (Don't do it!)
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer@gci.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 07:49:49 AKST

Grant replied:
> Pricewatch also lists a 160GB maxtor Fireware/USB drive for $368.

Unless you're really cheap, in which case Costco has 160GB Maxtor
drives for $170, and you can find an IDE/Fireware/USB converter for
about $50 online. (i picked up the usb/ide converter)

And speaking of maxtor, while i've never really had problems over the
years (i've owned about a dozen drives) i just recently sent my second
drive back. Fortunately, I received a spanking clean new one in return!

Thank goodness for backups!