Re: Iomega Peerless (Don't do it!)

Subject: Re: Iomega Peerless (Don't do it!)
From: Buddha (buddha@gci.net)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 22:14:08 AKST

I own both a 1GB Jaz SCSI internal and 100MB USB Zip drive and have had no
problems yet. However I do feel that I "got lucky" and agree with most
everyone else that you should steer clear of Iomega products. There's way
to many bad stories out there.

Besides, I have an alternative for ya....a Snap Server 1100 (40GB). The
lowest price on Pricewatch for the 20 GB USB or Firewire Peerless drive is
$342. For the low-low price of $471, you can get 40GB of network attached
storage that will also do NFS, SMB, FTP, etc.

http://queen.pricewatch.com/search/search.idq?
ne=37127&l=37081&CiCodePage=Windows-1252&cr=Snap+Server&qc=%22SNAP%22*+AND+%
22SERVER%22*

http://www.snapserver.com/products/1100/index.asp

-Buddha