Re: New HDD

Subject: Re: New HDD
From: Richard Mckinney (mckinney@gci.net)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 13:54:48 AKST

You really want to figure out some partitioning scheme like hda1=/boot
hda2=/ hda3=/usr hda3=/swap hdb1=/home or something like that.

The specifics of this depends on the use of the sytem ie. workstation, mail
server etc...

You might want to post the purpose of this machine and the type of software
that will be installed for some suggestions on the partitioning scheme.

The commands you want are cfdisk (the partitioning program) and mkext2fs
(the formatting program).

If you plan on using diferent types of formats (ie. Reiser, ext3 etc...) you
will have to look in /sbin for the appropriate format commands.

Rich