CISSP

Subject: CISSP
From: Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@woods.net)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 02:14:03 AKST

        Anyone here taken the CISSP or found it useful? It is
supposed to cover OPSEC for IS, but from what I have seen of the exam
questions the validity of the cert is questionable. (Asking things
like "What is the packet type for Internet Security to encode both
payload and header?", when they are really asking about IPSec header
options dealing with whether you cryptosign the payload in the header,
or encrypt the payload *and* cryptosign it in the header.

From what I can tell it has gone from being somewhat useful in 1996 or
so to being like the A+ these days.

Anyway, looking for comments on it.

Chris