Re: Memory Prices

Subject: Re: Memory Prices
From: Craig Callender (craigc@corith.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 12:26:05 AKST

My prize and joy was 768MB of PC133 CAS2 Micron RAM for $32.00. That
included shipping. Works great *grin*

-- Craig C.

Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:52:10 -0900
From: civileme <civileme@mandrakesoft.com>
To: Neil Moomey <neilmoomey@gci.net>, aklug@aklug.org

On Friday 15 March 2002 01:20 pm, Neil Moomey wrote:
> I've noticed the prices for memory have gone up allot in the last few
> months. What's the reason for this and can anyone predict the future
> pricing? Should I hold off a few months? Thanks.
>
> Neil

LOL!

There should be a futures market in memory!

Well I can still score 128M for less than $35 or 256M for less than $70. I
have seen the prices 4 times that, so I would say "buy".

Civileme

        In the beginning there was data. The data was without form and
null, and darkness was upon the face of the console; and the Spirit of
IBM was moving over the face of the market. And DEC said, "Let there
be registers"; and there were registers. And DEC saw that they
carried; and DEC separated the data from the instructions. DEC called
the data Stack, and the instructions they called Code. And there was
evening and there was morning, one interrupt.
                -- Rico Tudor, "The Story of Creation or, The Myth of Urk"