Re: Server?

Subject: Re: Server?
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 18:29:30 AKST

I think some 486 mobo's came with two different sets of memory slots -
one set for 30 pin chips and one set for 72 pin chips, or something like
that. I doubt having some of both types of memory would work.

Or maybe you went above the maximum allowable memory, or the maximum
amount it can handle per slot. Or maybe you didn't install them
correctly - you can't just put one in or one 2 meg and one 4 meg - they
have to be matching pairs.

Or maybe one of the sticks is just plain bad...? Are you getting
anything on the screen at all, or any POST beeps?

And finnally, are you sure it's plugged in? hehehehe ;)

Justin