Re: Evolution

Subject: Re: Evolution
From: William Bouterse (bill@bouterse.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 22:48:56 AKST

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 15:38:38 -0900 (AKST)
Craig Callender <craigc@corith.com> wrote:

> You know, I really like Evolution, but I hate Ximian Gnome. I am
> currently looking for instructions on how to install it without installing
> the whole desktop. Am downloading the source right now to install that.
>

> Wish me luck. I will publish my results for everyone.
>
> -- Craig C.
>
> On 7 Mar 2002, Jim Gribbin wrote:
>
> Date: 07 Mar 2002 15:33:49 -0900
> From: Jim Gribbin <jewelrysupplier@gci.net>
> To: AKLUG <aklug@aklug.org>
> Subject: Evolution as default mail client in KDE
>

> I know Greg @ pabi was looking for information on this the other day and
> I thought others might be interested. I found it on an Evolution
> support site.
>

> How do I make Evolution my default mail client in KDE?
> Question
> I use Evolution with KDE, and would like Evolution to be my default
> mail client. How do I do that?
> Answer
> In the KDE Control Panel, open up the Network tab. In there open the
> Email component. Then, set the "Preferred Email Client" to be:
>
> evolution mailto:"%t
>
> This works using KDE 2.2.1
>

> Jim Gribbin

With Mandrake 8.1 and 8.2betas
I have used Evolution 1.02 with XFce, WindowMaker, Icewm and
blackbox, without KDE or Gnome Desktop...
Sure I had to install a few gnome related rpms but
the end result is a fast clean WM with Evolution as a mail client,
though I must admit I use Sylpheed more often than not !!

--
William Bouterse
Talkeetna, Ak.