Re: sendmail problem

Subject: Re: sendmail problem
From: Richard Mckinney (mckinney@gci.net)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 10:03:29 AKST

If the probelem is sending from your workstation then it could be that
the sendmail machine
can't resolve the workstation IP address. It is trying to do it via DNS
but, unless you are running a DNS server internally (I assume not) then
this will fail. You might try adding
the IP range your dhcp server is using in your sendmail machines hosts
file. The node name does not need to be correct but there must be
something there. You might also set up the search order to first check
your files then use DNS for resolving.

Just a thought,

Rich