Re: Digital Camera suggestions?

Subject: Re: Digital Camera suggestions?
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 17:47:01 AKST

I've had an excellent experience (aka better than with Windows) with my
Olympus D-340R using gphoto. It's an older no-frills model, 1.3MPx,
smartmedia memory, using a serial connection.

Looking at gphoto, it looks like there are around 100 cameras supported
of all different makes/models. If there is a specific camera you are
interested in, i'll take a look at the list and tell you if it's in
there or not. There is also a gphoto2, but I prefer the regular
gphoto.. the website is at gphoto.org and they probably have a working
device list there as well.

If the camera connects via USB, i'd check out
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/ for your model first..

Another alternative is if the camera uses compactflash, smartmedia,
memorystick, or the like, a separate card reader (usb or otherwise)
might also work to download the images.

Justin
www.enderakonline.com