GCI's mail problems

Subject: GCI's mail problems
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 07:24:10 AKST

GCI was having problems with their email servers
yesterday evening. I couldn't send or receive with
GCI, and couldn't send through yahoo (pop) or my own
mail server. They say it's all restored now, but I
am still having problems.. I have to go to yahoo's web
based e-mail to send anything...

GCI's network status page:
http://www.gci.net/index.cfm?FuseAction=SystemStatus&CurrentMenu_ID=481

Justin

The Alaskan Bear wrote:

> No, GCI doesn't have a problem with sending mail at
all.
> The only thing that I can think of, is that if you
are
> using GCI's mailservers, that it could be that GCI
might
> have had a slight problem or hiccup in their smtp
servers.
> I can honestly say that they don't have a problem
though
> with it. I would recommend maybe calling GCI (if
you are