Re: .wav files and making CDs

Subject: Re: .wav files and making CDs
From: twistedhammer (twistedhammer@subdimension.com)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 20:53:38 AKST

Ugh.. I can't believe you just mp3ing it....... then again
he DID say the source was a casette... anyway, the proper
tool for that job however is 'sox' the self-proclaimed audio
swiss army-knife. if it's audio, sox can pretty much convert
it to whatever you need.

try this:
sox input.wav -r44100 -w -c2 output.wav

that'll put it into 44,100Hz 16bit stereo, the standard CD
Audio format... and with sox you know the headers are legit.
if that doesn't cut it you may have a different problem...

James Gibson
"Yes, but its QUALITY static!" -- Garfield

> sounds like maybe you have a wav file with a non-standard
> sampling rate
> or something similar... did you use the default settings
> of wavr or did
> you specify settings?
>
> try making it into an mp3 and then using eroaster (aka
> ECLiPt Roaster)
> or gtoaster (aka GnomeToaster) using the mp3 directly - it
> should
> convert it into the proper wav format automagically during
> the burn
> process...
>
> Justin
> enderak@yahoo.com
>

> Mac Mason wrote:
>
> > Right, this is starting to irritate me.
> > I'm burning an audio cd, and one of the files I want is
> on a casette
> > tape.
> > So, I plug the line-out jack on my casette tape player
> into the line-in
> > jack on my sound card, fire up wavr, and record it. So
> far, so good.
> > Now, I need to add it to my cd layout, but xcdroast has
> a little red
> > slash through the name and won't let me add it. Neither
> will cdrtoaster
> > (it gives me an "audio format error" message). KreateCD
> just crashes.
> > xmms and play both read the file just fine (and play it,
> too). I've
> > tried using vsound to loop it back around into another
> wav file, no
> > luck.
> > I've tried encoding it to .mp3 using lame and then
> decoding back, still
> > no luck.
> >
> > I've got a high school band waiting for this cd, too...
> >
> > Is there some trick I need to do, or a program that will
> do this for me?
> >
> > ~Mac~

// free anonymous email || forums \\ subZINE || anonymous browsing
            subDIMENSION -- http://www.subdimension.com