Re: Grub

Subject: Re: Grub
From: Mike Mellor (mmellor1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 06:08:28 AKST

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002 01:58:34 -0900 (AKST)
"gaijin@gci.net" <gaijin@gci.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Mar 2002 ancheric@hushmail.com wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how to remove Grub (RH Lilo replacement) without disturbing windows? I assume that fdisk /mbr would make windows unable to boot.
>
> IIRC the "fdisk /mbr" command will re-write the boot sector to MS Spec -
> under 95-ME at least. YMMV for NT, 2K, and XP.

The result of fdisk /mbr will be that your computer will boot into Windows, and will not see Linux. If you want to dual boot Windows/Linux, but use lilo, do the fdisk /mbr, then boot into Linux with a boot disk and install/configure lilo.

Hope this helps.

Mike

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --