RE: High-Tech council

Subject: RE: High-Tech council
From: Sean Closson (sclosson@MDGI.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 13:19:12 AKST

I've been peripherally involved with them. From a Linux perspective, =
I'd like to have businesses "see the light" and consider Linux as a =
end-to-end solution. I feel there's still a lot of education that can =
be done for the uninitiated. Examples of using Samba to save licensing =
expenses, talking about using thin clients (like the city of Largo in =
Florida) and providing better end user experiences, perhaps even an open =
sourced accounting package could be mentioned. Linux is cool, no doubt =
about it, but it's a tool that a business *should* use to run operations =
smoother and with less expense than other options.