phpmyadmin and searching

Subject: phpmyadmin and searching
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 11:40:50 AKST

I am trying to figure out how to search for a field that has a NULL value
and a field that has a - (minus) sign in it.

I can use the query by example part of the page to find a field that has a
minus sign, but not the NULL.

If you type in IS NULL in the field using the query by example part of the
page it just treats it as a string.

If I try to use the text box above the query by example page, It lets me
find the NULL value buy chokes when I try to find the minus sign.

There is no way that I can see to mix and match the query by example page
and the text box entry.

Anyone have any ideas?

BTW, I have tried the following combinations:

Patch_port like "-"
Patch_port like '-'
Patch_port like "\-"
Patch_port like -