Re: Unhappy Sawfish

Subject: Re: Unhappy Sawfish
From: James Bagley Jr. (james@thelostnet.net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 19:53:09 AKST

That's odd... The xinerama extension is for multiheaded displays, unless
you have more than one video card you don't need it. Just for kicks try
starting X with:

startx -- +xinerama

Then look in /var/log/XFree86.0.log (or whichever one is most recent) for
unresolved symbols loading xinerama or some such nonsense. You might also
try creating a new user on your system (one that doesn't have your
~/.gnome customizations) and see if the problem exists for that user or
just you. Hopefully that will give you an idea of where the problem lies.

Cheers!

-James