Re: how to make /etc/fstab listing not mount at boot

Subject: Re: how to make /etc/fstab listing not mount at boot
From: Craig Callender (craigc@corith.com)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 16:45:51 AKST

the option is "noauto"

Craig

On 24 Feb 2002, Mac Mason wrote:

Date: 24 Feb 2002 16:28:38 -0900
From: Mac Mason <macmasta@ak.net>
To: aklug@aklug.org
Subject: how to make /etc/fstab listing not mount at boot

I have an SMB mount (for my fileserver) in my /etc/fstab because I don't
like to bother with mounting it every time I need to get there.
Of course, I can just see the next LAN party I go to, when the
fileserver won't be there, and I'll get that wonderfully long wait on
boot for it to decide that it's not there...
If there an option I can pass to it in /etc/fstab that will keep it from
mounting on boot? (If it's in /etc/fstab, my little mountapp can mount
it for me)

~Mac~

        In the beginning there was data. The data was without form and
null, and darkness was upon the face of the console; and the Spirit of
IBM was moving over the face of the market. And DEC said, "Let there
be registers"; and there were registers. And DEC saw that they
carried; and DEC separated the data from the instructions. DEC called
the data Stack, and the instructions they called Code. And there was
evening and there was morning, one interrupt.
                -- Rico Tudor, "The Story of Creation or, The Myth of Urk"