SmartMedia read/write works YES

Subject: SmartMedia read/write works YES
From: William Bouterse (bill@bouterse.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 11:30:14 AKST

Greetings
Using a fairly new Mandrake release 8.1x
I have a SmartMedia USB device working almost out of the box
in Read/Write mode....It was jaw dropping easy after
the many hours reading/searches/posts in the past which often
led to no success.

OmniFlash 'Uno'
http://www.omniflashproducts.com/

They even have a penguin along with the usual
on the front of their packaging...They also make
flash and media stick readers as well though I have not tested
those with read/write in linux....

Their cdrom has a Linux section with very clear
instructions on adding the last needed entries to
/etc/fstab and creating a directory....

This is a major beakthrough and I hope Linux users support
this company by buying this product. Its cheap too!
(No I do not work for the company in question)
But spent alot of time on mandrake-lists trouble-shooting two
previous useless non-supported Readers...And this thing Reads
AND WRITES!!!!

I am hoping Mandrake will add the appropriate config files
to have it auto detected/configured in harddrake.

William Bouterse
Talkeetna, Ak