Re: Compiling src.rpms -perms

Subject: Re: Compiling src.rpms -perms
From: Eric Fortner (emf33@gci.net)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 19:23:32 AKST

Thanks Mike for the response.......

And Yes! I am using RedHat 7.2 Professional distro...

I have seen the specs and the tarballs you spoke of,
just one question, say for instance I set my root umask to 027
and the users umask to 027 then I install a general program[rpm] it
will install so root.root is u+g and no rwx for o[world]
Now I change the specs and or top level Makefile in the Tarball
this is also going to come into play too....right!

I am low on resource practice boxes top play with I spent all of my
money on scsi and XP/Dragon boards for work and servers at work.....so
I am kind of chicken to blow up a box at work...........

On the other hand Mike I am not looking for a hand-holding session either
I know your a/or used to be a Redhat server admin/user and might know the
default RH scheme in permissions.............

Thanks again for the response sir!

Eric Fortner