Re: Parts needed

Subject: Re: Parts needed
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 11:48:16 AKST

quite cost-, space-, and power-inefficient to have a bunch cd-roms...

what about finding either a slot-loader cd-rom or a caddy-loader cd-rom
(do they even make caddys anymore?) then you could get some sort of
holder mounted on a wall with some slots that you could pick the
cd/caddy out of and then all you have to do is stick it into the slot
and the cdrom will load it - no need to push buttons at all.

btw: how accurate are the movements of the robot. I am thinking some
sort of rubberized extension to the fingers of the robot so you can
store your cd's closer together and you won't scratch up the cd with the
metal fingers..

how large of a library of cd's were you hoping to give the robot to
choose from?

Justin

Adam Elkins wrote:

Ok, I need to have something for this thing to get the cd's from....any
ideas?
It has to pick them up from the inside....What I was thinking was some
old cdrom drives, It would push the button to eject the cd, and pick it
up....
Stack them together, and you've got a cd despensing unit.
Alas, I have no spare cd drives....

Adam.