Re: More spammer questions

Subject: Re: More spammer questions
From: The Original Evil Josh (augustus@acerbic.org)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 15:16:50 AKST

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Mike Tibor wrote:

> been related in any way, I'm not sure. MAPS also appears to be
> effectively down, but at one time they were very good. There was talk
> that MAPS was moving to a completely fee-based subscription service, so it
> may be that I would have to feed them money before my mail-abuse.org
> lookups would return any hits. I will probably just remove them from my
> $maps_rbl_domains list.

Maps is still free for "hobby" servers like acerbic.org or tibor.org, you
just have to contact the maps people and ask them to set you up with a
hobby level account, you can find info on that under their purchasing
section or whatever it's called. I'd dig up the exact URL for ya but I'm
lazy ;->

"The Americans, who are the most efficient people on earth...have invented
so wide a range of pithy and hackneyed phrases that they can carry on an
amusing and animated converstation without giving a moments reflection
to what they are saying and so leave their minds free to consider the more
important matters of big business and fornication."
- W. Somerset Maugham

Josh Burroughs
augustus@acerbic.org
http://www.acerbic.org