Re: Linux network design

Subject: Re: Linux network design
From: The Alaskan Bear (akbear@akbearsden.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 15:06:50 AKST

I would agree with the NFS for the mounting system for the server share.
I don't know how feasible it would be for a complete *nix office, as a
lot of normal users are not familiar with linux or unix. But you could
setup a decent size drive and mount just that drive as /share/ in fstab
then have nfs mount that drive on all leaf systems with r/w capability.

That is just the only idea I can come up with at this time.

--
Ted Montgomery
The Alaskan Bear's Den

-- There are some things lots of money can buy ... -- -- For everything else, there is LINUX ... --

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 02:42:38PM -0900, Mike Barsalou wrote: > > I would like to start a discussion about setting up a completely Linux > office. One of the things I was thinking about was how users store files > etc. > > What we would do in a Windows environment is map a drive letter to a share > on the server and everyone would access that share through the drive letter. > > It seems to me how you would do this in Linux is on the client computer you > might use NFS to mount the server share on your machine. > > What other ideas do people have about this? > > Mike >