Re: Mandrake Issue

Subject: Re: Mandrake Issue
From: civileme (civileme@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 08:00:09 AKST

On Tuesday 05 February 2002 12:39 am, Adam Elkins wrote:
> While installing Mandrake 8.1 on this new box I built,
> it install all the way up to the video settings, I
> choose the moniter I'm using, the res and color depth,
> click OK, screen goes blank and this pops up:
>
> /tmp/imm.o: init_module: No Such Device
> /tmp/ppa.o: init_module: No Such Device
>

> any guesses here? I might have somethng to do on
> Friday after all...
>

> Adam

Those messages are not unusual, and certain rigs will freeze under testing
but run fine afterwards (matter of strictness in the setup which is somewhat
relaxed during install to assure detection).

If you got that far in installing, unless you were looking at very low
resolution screens all the way, (color/theme bar in lower left corner three
parts instead of four), you can always use FBDev as a fail-safe, at 1024x768
in 16-bit color.

Civileme
civileme@mandrakesoft.com
Mandrakesoft INC Altadena & Montreal