Re: news server

Subject: Re: news server
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 11:30:59 AKST

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Jeremy Hodder wrote:

> Have any of you set up a news server? I'm think of try to but i'm
> haveing trubble finding a starting point.

Are you looking at getting a full news feed? If so, I hope you have a
good budget, as Craig mentions. At the very least, not carrying
alt.binaries would be a good start.

If you're only setting up a very small news server, you might look into
something like Leafnode. Instead of having a news feed pushed to it
from an upstream server, it pulls the feed.

Can you elaborate a bit more on your plans?

Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
Network Technician     Consortium Library         (907) 786-6050 fax