Re: MSI SM-6340M v5

Subject: Re: MSI SM-6340M v5
From: james (zuelow@gci.net)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 21:25:29 AKST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Elkins" <linuxrobot@yahoo.com>
To: <aklug@aklug.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 9:12 PM
Subject: MSI SM-6340M v5

> Ok, I just bought a MSI motherboard, and a AMD Duron
> 950 proc. When I turn this thing on, NOTHING happens,
> well, the cpu fan comes on, the Hard Drive makes a bit
> of noise, and the CDROM does it thing. But, as soon as
> I turn it on, the moniter goes to standby....I can't
> see ANYTHING!
>
> HELP

You've done the standard stuff - take all of the cards/DIMMS/cables out
and reseated them? In this case since you're building from scratch, taken
the CPU out and reseated it? I had a board that did exactly that, and it
turned out that the CPU was not fully seated, although the ZIF socket
locked down just fine.

Cheers,

James