Re: Reading a dos partition

Subject: Re: Reading a dos partition
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 10:25:14 AKST

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 22:00, Adam Elkins wrote:

> Yeah, it's fat. I got it to work....ddoing mkdir /mnt/winnt , mount -t vfat
> /dev/hda1 /mnt/winnt worked. I found though, I cannot cd to a dir that has
> caps in the title (like 'Program Files') so I simply changed all the windirs
> to lowercase....

Case matters in *nix but shouldn't keep you from cd'ing to a dir. I
don't remember why this is so but to 'create' a dir with two names
separated by a space I need to use a '\' backslash after the first name.
i.e. 'mkdir program\ files'. To cd into this dir: 'cd program\ files',
command line completion should help also.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.