Oh Rich!! =p (was Re: looking for a really small PC)

Subject: Oh Rich!! =p (was Re: looking for a really small PC)
From: twistedhammer (twistedhammer@subdimension.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 20:23:09 AKST

That was Jason's machine... he's not on this list 'cause
he's
into L^HBSD.. Anyway, pester Rich McKinney until he gets
that
info from Jason. Or just keep showing up on Fridays... Jason
shows up eventually...

btw, for anyone who wants to know, yes I made it down here
fine.
Classes are good, and I've repaired the ,ahem , 'case
modification'
so kindly provided by FedEx (A nice crease running down the
top of
my case.. nothing there though luckily...)... My LCD monitor
gets
here either tommorow or Thursday, and I should have a
decent(?)
dial-up connection in a week or so..

James Gibson

> James Gibson told me someone once brought a fully
> functional PC to one
> of the LUG meetings and it was slightly bigger than a
> cd-rom drive.
> Could that person send me a link so I can check out this
> mini-pc myself
> please? I've decided to try and build my own version of a
> SnapServer
> for less money 'cause they're overpriced. Any other
> really small PC
> links welcome also. Fully functioan PCs with a case only
> please as I
> can find alot of mini-pc boards on the net...hardly any
> mini-cases or
> anything that looks "finished".
>
> Also, if anyone has any user experience or shopped for a
> 18" to 19" LCD
> screen before please send me what you know or prefer. My
> 19" monitor
> died a week ago and a 17" LCD just won't cut it. No SGI
> suggestions
> please. My price target is around $1,000-ish.
>
> Webmin Tip: If you reboot a linux machine via Webmin and
> you still
> have the resulting web page open after the box
> restarts...DO NOT press
> the "refresh" button in your browser. This will be
> self-critiqing as
> you'll restart the box again.
>
> -Jim "Buddha" McMorris

// free anonymous email || forums \\ subZINE || anonymous browsing
            subDIMENSION -- http://www.subdimension.com